Sunday, December 27, 2009

61713I-1 Reflection

As this course and the year comes to a close we can relflect on our GAME plans and the other new insights that we can take away from our Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas class. To start, the GAME plan that I developed early in this course has been very successful. I've maintained my goal of integrating one online networking lesson and one lesson that offers several technology choices every month. I will continue to work towards meeting this goal with the rest of this school year.

The one thing that I really am taking away from putting this plan together is how effective the process is. Setting goals, actions, monitoring, and evaluation are the simple steps that I can follow for integrating new plans and goals in and out of the classroom. I'm really hoping to keep up my current plan and continue it next year while integrating a third goal of maintaining a full featured class website, following the GAME plan strategy.

In regards to technology integration,creating a unit plan in this course is something that I was happy to create, because I knew it was something I could actually use. For that reason I'm looking forward to hopefully putting it into play next month and seeing how these technology rich lessons work with students.

I've gotten a lot from communicating with peers and gotten the most from communicating in our discussion board. Hearing about classmates PBL and social networking learning ideas really gave me some inspirations for ways to include similar ideas in my 4th grade class. I'm looking forward to my last two Walden courses and the rest of this school year to put these ideas and everything else I've been picking up from Walden courses into practice. I'm also hoping to apply for a new position as a tech advisor with this completed degree, so I should probably follow the GAME plan model to make that a reality.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the effectiveness of the process. One has to take small steps. That is the key.
    Can you believe we only have two more classes left. WOW.

    These courses have been outstanding to taking thoughts and providing action!!

    ReplyDelete